My reading tastes are rather eclectic but anchored in the 19th century. I have only scratched the surface of literature but still wanted to share with you the list of books that I’ve particularly enjoyed. I’m a slow reader so there’s always a ton of books on my endless reading list. It sometimes takes me a whole month to read one book!
I decided to split this list into two sections:
1) books that inspire me, give me comfort and which I enjoy rereading.
- Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being – Milan Kundera
- Sense and Sensibility – Jane Austen
- Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland – Lewis Carrol
- Mary Poppins – P.L.Travels
- Lola Rose – Jacqueline Wilson
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – Roald Dahl
- Eugene Onegin – Alexandr Pushkin
- Short stories by Edgar Allan Poe
- Lord of the Rings – J.R.R. Tolkien
2) Books which I really enjoyed reading but wouldn’t read again soon because they’re quite negative and destructive or at least sad
- Thirst for Love – Yukio Mishima
- Torture garden – Octave Mirbeau
- On the Road, and basically any other novel by Jack Kerouac
- 1984 – George Orwell
- Frankenstein – Mary Shelley
- We Children from Bahnhof Zoo – Kai Hermann and Horst Rieck
Well, that’s it. I hope that you like some of these books and authors. If you have any suggestions about the books I should read be free to let me know.